Have you ever noticed dust wisps smoking out of an air duct whenever you turn on your home’s heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system? Have you ever noticed debris or pet hair stuck in a vent? If yes then these might be signs that it’s time to give your home’s ductwork a thorough cleaning.
On the surfaces of the air ducts, vents, motors, and coils inside your HVAC system, tiny dust gathers. Dust is quickly transformed into a dense, mat-like habitat. Here bacteria, mold, dust mites, and allergens can thrive by flakes of dead skin, hair, and pet dander adhering to it. Most of these are removed from the air stream by air filters, although not in all areas of the HVAC system. Because of this, it’s crucial to routinely inspect your air ducts to determine whether they need to be cleaned.
All commercial and residential buildings are required to have their air ducts cleaned. Buildup of dust and debris serves as a breeding ground for bacteria dangerous to human health. Air duct cleaning completely transforms home health. Cleaning your ductwork can enhance indoor air quality, keep your house cleaner, and boost HVAC performance. Because ductwork is frequently the source and pathway for dust and biological contaminants, clean ducts imply less dirt in your home and air.
5 Signs your ductwork requires cleaning
Building ventilation systems can easily become a breeding ground for filth, dust, and bacteria, impacting people’s health in general. Whether it’s a home or business duct system, you’ll need air duct cleaning services on a regular basis to keep the sanitary for workers or family members. Here are 5 signs your Ductwork requires cleaning
- Examine the inside of one of your vent covers. Examine it for dirt, debris, or matted dust.
- Inspect the return air registers for dust formation, especially if there are thick, fuzzy dust coatings.
- Remove the air filter. If the air filter becomes blocked with dust, airflow is reduced. This allows more dust to settle and accumulate in the return ductwork.
- Allow access to the furnace compartment. Examine the blower fan and motor, and the furnace controls. The more dust you see, the worse the situation.
- Examine the air conditioning coil. If it is filthy or there is dust on the housing walls, the air filter isn’t performing properly.
Any of these signs indicate that excessive dust is wreaking havoc on your HVAC system and ductwork.
Consequences of dirty air ducts and dryer vents
Dirty ducts generate a variety of issues, ranging from increased energy expenses to health issues:
- Dirt and dust obstruct the heating and cooling functions of your HVAC system. Dirt-clogged heat exchangers cannot heat the air as efficiently in the cold. Dirt-clogged condensing coils can’t chill the air in the heat. Both of these lengthen the run time of the HVAC system, causing it to use more fuel and energy to heat and cool your home.
- Airflow is hampered by dirt and dust. Assume your system does an excellent job of heating and cooling the air. However, if the blower fan or motor cannot turn due to filth or the air filter is blocked with dust, the system will be unable to circulate suitably warmed or cooled air.
- The more you use your HVAC system, the more wear and tear it suffers. Long run periods can reduce the total lifetime of HVAC systems, which includes everything from AC compressors to dryer vents, and motor bearings. You will prematurely wear down your home’s HVAC system.
- Dust contains dead skin, pet dander, bacteria from cat litter, and other particles. They include pollen, mold spores, fungus, and even rat excrement. If you allow germs, mites, and other pests to breed in your HVAC system, it can become a breeding ground for them.
- Dirt and dust spread more quickly in a home with clogged ducts. Regardless of how meticulously you dust and clean your home, small particulate contaminants, including deadly allergies, swiftly move from room to room.
Contact a Professional
Hurricane Air Duct Cleaning in Atlanta, GA, is a prominent duct cleaning company in Atlanta that provides global cleaning standards for homes and businesses. Now, Hurricane Air Cleaning services also provide you with water, mold & fire restoration services. We have the most skilled technicians that have been specifically educated to provide you with an unrivaled air duct and dryer vents cleaning services by utilizing the most up-to-date tools and technology.
If you’re concerned that an air duct cleaning system would cause a lot of bother while you’re at work, you don’t need to be. That’s because Hurricane Air Duct Cleaning provides a completely discrete and hassle-free cleaning strategy that ensures your business isn’t disrupted while we work. You may also schedule your duct cleaning services for evenings or weekends to avoid disrupting your business or household routine.
Our professionals ensure that your family and staff are healthy and safe from infections caused by an unsanitary and dirty duct system. Hurricane Air Duct Cleaning has revolutionized the cleaning and fumigation market by providing client-centric services that promise complete pleasure and ease. While you may have had negative experiences with other firms in the past, you can be confident that when you deal with us, you will receive superior customer assistance and service standards.
Count on us as your partner for all of our service offerings, as we deliver worldwide standards at cheap pricing directly to your door.
Experts recommend getting your air ducts cleaned every 2 to 3 years to prevent various maintenance and health issues from occurring. Homes with dogs or children, on the other hand, should have their air ducts professionally cleaned more frequently. Hiring an air duct cleaning company like Hurricane Air Duct Cleaning ensures improved and more consistent overall performance from your HVAC system. It means there are fewer costly wear and tear repairs and a longer HVAC system life. It also reduces risk of respiratory and allergic disorders. Less dust makes it easier to clean and maintain the living environment in your house.